She lost several members of her family by the age of nineteen. Afterward, she found herself in an abusive marriage and a career that left her unfulfilled. Neeta Bhushan joins us today to share her story of navigating through grief, taking huge chances, and using humor as a means to emotional grit.
Neeta left her million dollar dentistry practice in order to study and teach others about the topic of emotional grit. After enduring great tragedies Netta says that she covered her emotions through pursuing success and achievement only to find herself empty. After traveling the world and exploring different cultures she now has a passion for helping others tap into their emotions and truly heal. She explains that the journey can be fun and encourages us that it is definitely worth it.
Questions I asked:
- Did you struggle with attachment after experiencing so much loss?
- How do we use humor as a way of developing grit?
- What did you learn about grit through your travels?
- How her view of achievement has shifted.
- How to cope with the deep emotions that we mask.
- How to make decisions that are right for you despite what others think.
Quotes from the show:
- “Growth and transformation are not linear.” @NeetaBhushan @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
- “If we stop growing we go stale”. @NeetaBhushan @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
- “Humor is one of the keys to building resilience.” @NeetaBhushan @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
- “Experiences push the envelope of growth.” @NeetaBhushan @PowerHustle Click to Tweet
How you can stay in touch with Neeta:
How you can stay in touch with Power The Hustle Podcast:
How you can stay in touch our sponsor site We are WANNABE: